Sunday 31 December 2017

And there went 2017

I tend to forget this blog even exists, but I just discovered ot and did a brief reliving of our trip to Bhopal. I'm so glad I wrote it down because my memory is hazy.

2017 is finishing in a few hours. My heartbreak at losing Pax and Catherine is deep and sometimes still quite unbelievable, but most of the time it is not as raw and I can manage it.

I laugh sometimes, I enjoy things, but then I have to look at them and check they're okay with me.

This year was free of major disasters. Simon's health has inconvenienced him but it isnt too serious. I am steadily stronger, still cancer free.

The biggest thing this year was supporting other people in their grief journeys. This is now the major focus of my work but Im not sure how long to continue. Sometimes emotionally it is very costly. The nice thing though is people apppreciating the help plus more people getting to know about Pax and Catherine. So thats somewhat of a legacy.

I am learning to drive. I failed my first test bit am hopeful for the next.

And so life continues for me.

2017. Over and out


1 comment:

  1. Life goes on... Over the years your encouragement and lived experience has helped and assisted so many. Including me, the love shown to others reminds me of the love that you have for Pax and Catherine, just being a partaker of the overflow of your love for them extended to us through the love of God is a constant blessing. Thank you for your honesty and grace as you have shared your children and life with us. May God bless you and Simon continually, with sweet memories & memorable moments.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’•Avril

    ReplyDelete