Saturday 18 May 2013

Bhopal cemetery

Father Jerry Anto from St Francis Cathedral in Bhopal just sent me the photos of Pax's tomb in the main cemetery, just finished.

Maybe you're a parent or a grandparent. The pictures you post are parties, outings, special occasions, school graduations--your child and their lively self. I wish I could keep doing that, but I can't. I can post old pictures of course, but they  are ever more distant in time. But the only new pictures I have are these. Tombs and memorials. And that is the reality of bereaved parenthood.


Memorial tomb for Pax, adjacent to this beautiful shrine

Location of Christian cemetery in Bhopal (opens new window)

2 comments:

  1. What a peaceful place and beautiful pure white tomb, just like his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a beautiful place that holds the innocent soul...

    ReplyDelete