Sunday 5 May 2013

Catching up, and an invitation

Haven't written in ages. Few reasons:

The anniversary period for Catherine--her passing and the funeral-- is a difficult time for me.

Had some situations with my elderly mum that needed taking care of.

Perhaps not surprisingly, my health wasn't too good with a resurgence of migraines and arthritis.

On a more positive note, I started a new voluntary position on the management board of a charity called Healthwatch. Between meetings and lots to read, it’s taking up a lot of time and energy. It's good to try something new and use what I've learned about healthcare, particularly mental health, but it’s also quite a strain in some respects but it’s a challenge that I'm glad to try it. Still keeping up with other work too.

All in all, I haven't felt so creative.

The next thing around the corner, besides an interview about another voluntary job (!), is Pax’s anniversary.

I had a very special dream last night. In my dream, although both of my kids were dead, they were allowed to be alive again for awhile. Catherine was there, though I don't remember the details--I do dream about her quite often. (Always puts me in a good mood!) But then there was Pax. He rode off on a tricycle.We went to the hospital and he was there, in intensive care. But the doctor let me hold him in my arms and feed him. The feeling of holding him was so real, I can almost feel him still. It is SO rare that I dream about him, at least not so realistically, I am very grateful. It makes me look forward to dying. I think only a bereaved parent will know exactly what I mean.

Well, that leads me to your invitation to his anniversary. If you're reading this, you're invited. May 27 we'll be doing an informal ceremony at Catherine's Alton grave with his soil. Then lunch or supper either locally or at home. If you are in the UK and think you might like to come, please get in touch.




1 comment:

  1. Sweet Pax! What a little angel! I also dreamt of Natie just last night. She came back, a few years younger than when she passed away, but only my husband and I could see her. As I ran towards her she said, "Don't touch me yet" just like Jesus did when he first rose up from the dead. Then we saw her again, and we knew it would only be for a short time, but seeing her in flesh and bone so radiant made me so happy. (Clotilde Volpe)

    ReplyDelete